Events and Volunteer Opportunities
The restoration of the churchyard has been made possible by a great number of people giving their time, energy and expertise to advising, planning and working physically in the churchyard.
So - take a breath of fresh air and join us!
We are a diverse group of people, from students to senior citizens, from regulars to droppers in.
The time of our working sessions are usually:
Wednesday mornings 10.00 -12.00
But to check the current day and times, please email email@example.com
Volunteers help by:
- Clearing overgrown brambles and ivy, rubble and accumulated litter.
- Developing a maintenance regime that encourages a variety of habitats while keeping access to the gravestones.
- Planting a variety of wild flowers in the different areas: meadow, woodland edge, bog, and hedgerows.
- Weeding planted wildflower areas and pruning conservation hedges.
- Identifying birds, butterflies and plants.
- Laying woodchip paths and maintaining bird boxes and insect homes.
- Assisting with project administration.
- Increasing local interest in the project and recruiting more volunteers.
Tools are provided.
From time to time it is possible for volunteers to attend training courses run by nature conservation organisations.
Planting days are organised in the spring and the autumn.
Occasional special events are organised for local residents and families to enjoy the wildlife and discover the interesting links with local history. The churchyard has also been a much appreciated venue during the Cowley Road Carnival.
If you would like to be informed about events and special work parties please email us so that we can add you to our email list.